- Do you feel stagnant in your role?
- Have you thought about how to get to the next level in your career?
- Do you know how to increase your effectiveness as a ______________?
- Do you know your greater potential and purpose?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, I strongly believe you will benefit from partnering with a Professional Coach. A coach is skilled at creating a safe and confidential environment so you can fully discuss your goals and aspirations. A coach will help you uncover what is needed to make a change and move forward.
How often does someone take time out to work with a “thought-partner” in moving towards accomplishing personal and professional goals?
Since I am keeping it real…You will be doing the work in a coaching relationship. Self reflection is key. Being truthful with yourself (and your coach) about your behaviors and the effectiveness of them will move you toward your goals. You will experience some “aha” moments as well as some unpleasant awareness with your Coach. The ultimate goal is to increase self-awareness and intentionally decide how to move forward.
Below are questions to consider to get the most value from partnering with a coach:
- Are you ready to self-reflect and look in the mirror?
- Are you ready to be open and truthful?
- Are you ready to do the work to accomplish your goals?
- Are you ready to take the time to uncover the answers for yourself (A coach does not have the answers. A coach helps you uncover the answers.)?
- Is the timing right for coaching?
The benefits of partnering with a coach can be very impactful and rewarding. Some benefits may be experienced several months after the coaching has ended. As stated on the International Coach Federation website (http://www.coachfederation.org/need/landing.cfm?ItemNumber=747&navItemNumber=565),
“Professional coaching brings many wonderful benefits: fresh perspectives on personal challenges, enhanced decision-making skills, greater interpersonal effectiveness, and increased confidence. And, the list does not end there. Those who undertake coaching also can expect appreciable improvement in productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.”
I challenge you to partner with a Coach to move toward reaching your full potential!